Foundation Construction And Repair Company Urges Keeping Foundation In Good Condition
LOS ANGELES, CA: Julian Construction Inc. (http://www.julianconstruction.com/) deals with homes
needing foundation repair. Upon observing many instances of foundation structural damage , the company is issuing advice on foundation maintenance, and urging that homeowners act to keep their foundation in good condition.
1. Ensure proper drainage. Water should always be directed away from the house. Use gutters and drain spouts to prevent water from accumulating on the roof, running down walls or pooling near the building. Also make sure the ground around the house is graded to slope away from the structure. If necessary, install moisture barriers and drainage channels to prevent water from seeping into your home.
2. Repair any plumbing problems. Moisture build-up from dripping faucets, toilets and pipes can also cause foundation problems. Periodically inspect your plumbing and immediately repair any leaks. Also check sprinkler systems and sewer lines.
3. Keep soil moisture at a constant level. Soil can expand with moisture and contract when it dries, causing settlement problems. Water the soil around your home during dry periods to keep moisture levels consistent with soil under your foundation.
4. Install a root barrier. If there are trees or shrubs planted near your home, install a barrier to prevent roots from growing under the foundation. Make sure any new trees or foliage is planted far enough away from the structure to avoid root problems in the future. Also remove any mulch that accumulates near the house.
5. Weatherproof you home. Properly sealing your house will also prevent damage from moisture and air. This includes plugging any existing holes and cracks, caulking and weatherstripping.
Julian De La Torre, founder of the company, stated: “Many people do not realize how important it is to maintain their foundation, or do not know how they can do this. Doing so will prevent structural damage and keep their home safe.”
Julian Construction owns its own company and is built on a “no middlemen” model – no salesmen, no subcontractors. When you work with Julian Construction you get the principals of the company and workers of Julian Construction under your home. The result is the highest quality work at affordable prices. They can be contacted by phone at 323 733-3377, by fax at 323 733-4477 or via their website, www.julianconstruction.com. You can see tips and advice about home foundations on their blog, at http://julianconstruction.typepad.com.